Anyone set-up new Rogers account with unlocked 680

Discussion in 'International Providers' started by JordanCournoyea, Sep 12, 2007.

1. JordanCournoyea

JordanCournoyea New Member

Hey I was wanting to buy an unlocked 680 from Palm's Canada store and use it on a new account with Rogers. I was wondering what I would have to tell Rogers when I call them, if I tell them I have an unlocked phone I would like to use will they help me set it all up???

2. Justme

Justme New Member

All is good!! You can buy your phone from Palm, and once you buy your SIM card from rogers, you can sign up online and purchase a plan (phone and data) or go on the pay-as-you-go route. Rogers gets unlocked phones on their network all the time and they are fine to deal with. I have used a 650 and now 680 on their systems over the past couple of years with no problems.

3. JordanCournoyea

Thanx man, I will be ordering my phone next week. :laugh3:

4. Justme

Justme New Member

NO problem. Glad I could help.

5. JordanCournoyea

How much do you normally pay per month, to use Pay-As-You-Go with Rogers? and do you use any Data with your Pay-As-You-Go

6. Justme

Justme New Member

I just signed up to the evenings and weekends autosaver. It commits me to 32 cents during the day per min and a penny a min after 8 pm and on weekends - with a $20 auto refill monthly. Of course you can always add more money, but I get by with that. No, I don't use the data packages, but believe you can sign up to a month to month on that too, or sign a term contract.