Messaging Avatar for WebOSQuickinstall????

Discussion in 'Homebrew Apps' started by Shaun0207, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

I just installed the "My avatar Messaging" tweak from WebOS QuickInstall. UIt allows you to have your own avatar when sending text messages and etc...

it tells you to drop a .png file into "user/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/" . But when I look for that folder in USB Mode, I dont see a folder in there with this name.

Any ideas?

2. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

When you have the .png file that you want to use as the avatar you are going to use the send function in QI. Just type in that address in the send location. Make sure you don't include the / after images. I made that mistake when I was changing the themes before QI and preware allowed you to do it.

3. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Do I need to create that folder in USB Mode first? I just tried doing without creating the folder first and it didnt work

4. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

I also dont see PreWare as a download in the App Gallery

EDIT: I figured this one out.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  5. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

You won't see it unless you are rooting the phone. It's in there. Just use the send method.

To get preware in QI press the button under the minus sign. Look for the WEBOS-internals feeds all. instal the package manager service and preware. Resest your phone. then launch preware and look for the Autofeeds patch. install that. reset the phone again. Now when you launch preware you'll get all the patches. you can also install the patches via QI.

6. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Maybe I have the folder name wrong. I did the send again and I dont see the avatar in the messaging app.

7. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

I never did this tweak so I'm flying blind a little. Try unistalling the tweak, reset then re install maybe it will recognize it now. If that doesn't help, hopefully someone here has done the tweak and can chime in...

8. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

When looking at the text messages between me and my son, I have a box there that should have my picture in it, but its blank. So I know it at least works on some levels it works.

9. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

found out where we were going wrong. You need to name the PNG my-avatar.png. Now send it. This should do the trick.

POTP

10. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

ok. I will try that

thanks

11. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Still doesnt work

12. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

This is what it says to do on preware. Hopefully we can get you up and running today!!:dft005:frazzled

Attached Files:

13. luvmyq9c

luvmyq9c New Member

Also the png must be 32x32 in order for it to work...

14. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Cool. I will try that. Thanks

15. bizzare

bizzare New Member

I also tried and fallowed the steps and still nothing.

16. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

It worked for me after I changed the picture size to 32x32

17. bizzare

bizzare New Member

I got a PNG file with a 32x32 and nothing how did you do it can you give me a step by step ? thanks.

18. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

So I assume you installed the patch for the avatar first?
    1. Next use the "Send" function in WebOSQuickintall
    2. Browse for the 32x32 png file you want to use. *if I'm not mistaken you need to rename the file "my-avatar.png".
    3. the Destination should be: user/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images

19. bizzare

bizzare New Member

I appreciate your help your help but I still couldn't get it to show maybe I'm missing something I did what you said I even copied and pasted on the destination you gave me but still nothing. Thanks anyway.

20. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Ok. When you open up a text message do you at least see a blank box where the avatar should be?

And you are in Developer Mode , right?