Next webOS Update Scheduled For May-June

Discussion in 'Palm webOS' started by AKITAYO, May 1, 2010.

1. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Next webOS Update Scheduled For May-June

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/10040/next-webos-update-scheduled-for-mayjune/

"The next version of webOS is coming soon". So says the latest email sent out by Palm's Developer Relations team, which goes on to detail that developers will be alerted to a release candidate of the SDK in "early May", with a one-week window for bug reports, to be followed by a further 2-3 week wait while it passes though the carriers on its way to consumers.

The email also helpfully states in a very stern-looking bold print: "It is especially important to test PDK apps against this release candidate." A rather obvious sign, your correspondent thinks, that PDK-developed apps are en route - and not a moment too soon for an App Catalog that is still struggling to gain traction against its well-entrenched rivals.

2. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

I know these wont make into the next update, but I'd like to see some of these included in a future release:

1. Text messaging - The ability to "delete all".
    2. File manager - I mean really, this is clearly a "smartphone must have". We shouldn't have to connect to a computer to move pics.
    3.Text messaging - I would like to see the option of sending a email as a Text. That way we can get longer messages without having the message broken down into 1 of 2 etc...
    4. Text Messaging - ability to "delete from notification"

These seems like easy ones

3. nerelda

nerelda New Member

By "delete all" for txting, are you talking about deleting all from just one person, or everyone together with one swipe? I know it's easy to delete all from just the one person.

I personally would like to see the ability to "save" or "lock" a specific txt like I used to be able to do on all my old phones.

4. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Delete all messages in the messaging window. its easy to just swipe for one person

5. nerelda

nerelda New Member

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I understood that clearly. :)

Other things I'd personally like to see:

1) Calendar - notification snooze options
    2) Calendar - more reminder times (like a week before an event...I never see an option like this when I'm creating a new event)

6. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Apparently next update will be 1.4.2 It is showed in some AT&T preplus in the wild

7. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

I'd like to see those too. And more options for reminders, like 2hrs or 3hrs before appt.

8. fday

fday New Member

If anyone is listening please please please include voice recognition in this update so the phone can be truly hands-free while driving.

9. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

I hope they listened to you. Maybe an webos app ?

10. nerelda

nerelda New Member

I wonder how long Verizon will hold this one from us as well?

11. dmatic

dmatic New Member

I would like to see a true full phone search option not just typing a word and all you get is google, google maps , wikipedia and twitter. I want to be able to type a word and get to search the word in the apps that are on my Pre. I hope i'm wording this right.

12. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Thats a good point request . I hope palm listen .

13. aceholes

aceholes New Member

with the new htc evo scheduled to released on 6/4, is anyone really excited about the new update? I'll probably be switching to the evo. Anyone else?

14. fday

fday New Member

I was considering doing that (if it has voice recognition) or going back to blackberry (it does have voice recognition) but now that HP has taken over the show I think I will wait awhile longer as there is a lot of potential there.

15. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

+1 Count me in the wait list. Big surprises we will have with the HP/Palm new devices to come.

The weblet and the 4G smartphone, both to blow all on the way.Cool :dft003:cool

16. mrwouldbe305

mrwouldbe305 New Member

~I think I'm leaning that way too but still haven't officially decided. Keypad is my biggest thing!!