Problem with themes...

Discussion in 'Palm Pre Themes' started by JGood, Oct 9, 2009.

1. JGood

JGood New Member

I installed the fish theme. In the process I got an error message and it stopped but some of the theme is tjere, background, icons, etc. I can't remove the theme. It is not an option on the installed part of preware. Anyone have any ideas. When I try to install another or the same I get an IDK error... Ugh. Please help!! Thanks.

2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

uh. Preware?

Did you upgrade and follow the instructions including running the Emergency Patch Removal?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. JGood

JGood New Member

I have run latest palm upgrade. The emergency Patch Removal says NEVER to run when a theme is installed. On preware it doesn't show theme as installed (or I would just remove it), but the icons, backgrounds, and script colors on top bar are 'themed.' Any ideas?

4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Just checking. That was the cause of quite a few problems.
    You could try falling back to WebOS Quick Install and see if it can uninstall or revert.
    There's quite a bit of weirdness right now with Preware.

5. JGood

JGood New Member

ok using web os quick install I got majority of theme off. Only things now are a few of the icons,web, phone, tasks, etc. Any ideas on how to fix those? Or can some one put palm default as downloadable theme? Thanks for the help so far, almost there, lol ;)

6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

The problem with the stock theme is it is copyrighted. I had a theme that used one of the stock backgrounds across all the apps go missing from precentral.
    You can dl webos doctor and extract it to get the stock files and locations then use webos quick install to send them.

it's going to be a manual fix.

7. JGood

JGood New Member

sounds difficult... Any step by step instructions for that? Or how do I get rid of the fish icons on the phone dialer? I found by installing other themes then removing the theme the default icons came back. I just need a theme that uses default dialer, tweaked colors are ok they will go back to normal after uninstall. Know of any to save me from having to install and uninstall every one till I find one, lol?

8. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

PM me your email address.

9. JGood

JGood New Member

I sent you a pm, let me know if you don't get it. Thanks.

10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Didn't get it.

11. JGood

JGood New Member

I sent it again. If it didn't work, please pm me and I will reply to your email. Thanks, John

12. JGood

JGood New Member

I can't reply to your pm from my phone for some reason. You can email me at beacher78@ yahoo.com. Thanks

13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Can't send it your gonna have to track down the stock files.

14. JGood

JGood New Member

...any idea where I would even begin and what they are? Lol

15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

They suck IMO anyway. Since you can overwrite them just find a nice theme and install it.

Thunderbird rejected your email for some reason.

16. JGood

JGood New Member

...ok, will do.

thunderbird?

17. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Btw.. WebOS Repair Utility now supports 1.2.1.
    That will fix everything. Just uncheck compatibility mode.

18. MillenniAKA

MillenniAKA New Member

Please help me with this. I was installing a theme then realized it wasn't what I wanted, so I hit Cancel instead of OK. Then proceeded to install what I wanted. Well 5 theme install and removes later, the icons from the 1st theme I cancelled are still there. I think what you said above is my answer, but I am not sure where to get that. Help?

19. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

do a google search for it and you'll find it and the instructions.

20. chrisprascri

chrisprascri New Member

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.:dft006:upset