Treo 650 Stopped Browsing Saturday

Discussion in 'Cingular' started by larrytxeast, Feb 19, 2008.

1. larrytxeast

larrytxeast New Member

I have had my Treo 650 for a month now. I have it prepaid with $20 unlimited MEdia Net. Officially supported or not, that is how the guy at the AT&T store set it up. It worked fine and dandy until Saturday around 9 a.m., heartbreak--no matter what, it refuses to access anything online. The built-in Web Blazer, VersaMail, Xiino, Opera Mini--all nothing.

This was around 9:10 a.m., and in fact around 6 a.m. or so it had been accessing just fine. I changed no settings at all, didn't install any new programs, didn't download anything (other than Gmail email and none of that had any attachments, no ringtones etc), and there were plenty of signal bars. There is NOTHING that can explain this.

It does "handshake" and "initialize" with MEdia Net just fine. You also see the "2-way" arrows near the signal bar that apparently indicates successful connection. I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T checking every manner of setting, and also doing an "up-arrow" reset (I think, it's the one where you hold down the up-arrow while pressing the button w/stylus). This wiped out the Network protocols altogether, not just the settings, I then did the "soft" reset (where you simply press the button with your stylus) which restored the Network protocols. They double-triple-checked all the settings under network and in Web>Options>Preferences. Still nothing.

The only thing that sticks out at me, and it probably doesn't matter, is that under Network settings the MEdia Net settings have "Locked" and everytime I change it to "unlocked" and click done and go back, it's changed it back to unlocked again. That seems peculiar to me, but then again prior to all this nothing had been changed and it was working fine.

I live about 2 hours east of Dallas, TX in Zip 75647. A local store had said they had issues and that an "enabler" was experiencing an outage, but the person on the phone was showing no issues. The store models were also working fine. Someone on the phone today told me they've been having issues with prepaid data since Saturday--that's 3 days, and that's ridiculous if true. If I had a friend with an AT&T Treo 650 or similar I'd try my SIM card in their phone to see if it's my phone--which the pattern suggests is the problem, but then again no settings have been changed.

They did double-check that GRPS wasn't disabled, so none of that "they found out you were using a PDA on a $20 MEdia Net and put a stop to it." I suspected that, but it doesn't seem to be what is going on. But just what IS going on?

Can anyone help me on this?