Treo Hollywood Photos

Discussion in 'New Treo Smartphones' started by cmeinck, Apr 19, 2006.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Thanks to a forum member over at TC, here are proposed photos of the new Hollywood version of the Treo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  2. Kreth

Kreth Moderator

Just once, I'd like to see one of these "leaked" photos actually be in focus... :rolleyes:

3. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

I know I'll regret this:eek:hmy:, but these look real.

4. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Forgive me for just realizing this, but this thing is running Windows Mobile 5.

-Chris

5. karlz

karlz New Member

6. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Is it too early to start the Hollywood P rumors?:laugh:

I am surprised even after my morning coffee.

-Chris

7. karlz

karlz New Member

8. Mac

Mac New Member

Hollywood and Palm OS

Ok, so all I need is a tight Treo that runs Palm OS because I am a Mac guy. What do you think? Wait for the Treo 700p for verizon? Or wait for the Treo Hollywood Palm Verzion for verison? In need of a new phone in a few months.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  9. karlz

karlz New Member

10. Stillrockin

Stillrockin Smart Phone Idiot

Man, WM! If I were a betting man, I would have lost a fortune! I didn't think there was any way they would run Hollywood with WM . . .

11. dstrauss

dstrauss New Member

Isn't that the idea to begin with, "names have been changed to protect the innocent." I've been following this over at Treocentral, where they were first posted. He claimed all he had was his cell phone camera (must have been a Treo 600). :blink:

Anyway, he slowly leaked details as he cried about job jeopardy.

12. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Personally, I think the blurry photos have a more authentic look then a slick Photoshop job. It's amazing what is possible with a little Photoshop magic and some creativity. See "The great iPod video hoax".

dstrauss...what's the general consensus over at TC -- real or fake?

-Chris

13. Mac

Mac New Member

Palm OS

Isnt Palm coming out with an updated OS? Will this device have this software? If not, will we be able to update it in the future? Also, is there a WIFI card that does not stick out so much so that I could just leave in the phone? Thanks

14. dstrauss

dstrauss New Member

I think the general consensus was "real" unitl Brighthand dropped this one on everybody today, saying its sources deny there is any Hollywood in teh making:

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12170

Me - I think if Palm has a prayer int eh Euro market, they better come up with a slim competitor to the Samsung i320 and Moto Q.

15. reflexxx

reflexxx New Member

I said a while ago for the future it should not matter which OS you want on the newer models. The OS for MS and Palm should both run using the same hardware..

In the future you should be able to either order the OS of your choice or load your OS onto the phone as needed with the appr. license...

This is what I would like to see... Palm would most likely sell the PALM OS at a discount/rebate and an upcharge/charge for the MS OS..

16. Stillrockin

Interesting reflexxx! I never thought about interchangable OS's. I too, would like to see that. But if the mobile phone industry is anything like the PC industry, it will probably be years before we see it. Just in the last month, they have gotten Windows to run on a mac, and that is non-supported by either Microsoft or Apple. Personally, I don't see that going anywhere. Lets not leave out a very capable Symbion OS, and all the rumors about Palm/Linux. Although I really like how you think, I doubt we will see it in the next 10 years. Microsoft has already been showing off Photon, and insiders say its a huge leap forward in Mobile Computing.

But what do I know? I never thought that Palm would unveil Hollywood with a M$ OS either!:blink: I just knew it would be a New Palm OS or Linux!

17. kabeyun

kabeyun Moderator

I gotta disagree with karlz. Don't wait for the 700p. Sprint will probably get the 700p first and, if history is any guide, there's a 6-month exclusive before Verizon gets the same gadget. T'was true with the 650 and t'will likely be true with the 700p.

Assuming the 700p debuts within a couple of months, that makes your Verizon 700p in stock around New Years. If you need a new PalmOS smartphone in the next few months, you have two choices:
    1. Bite the bullet and get the 650. They're out there (relatively) cheap, though, so it pays to look around.
    2. Reassess your definition of "need."

Good luck.

Disclaimer: the above comments are speculative!

-K

18. Mac

Mac New Member

Hhmmmm

Thanks for the suggestions. One thing that is keeping me from the Treo 650 is the lack of EV-DO support. There is no way I would pay $45/Month for unlimited Data usage but I am hoping Verizon will lower the price sooner or later and I would like to have a phone capable of using it. I am a college student so I am trying to be a smart shopper. I just hope these rumors that Verizon will be coming out with the 700p this summer are true.

19. Stillrockin

So since we have a 700W and its looking like we will soon see a consumer 700P, and now a leaked photo of Hollywood "W", I wonder what the chances are that there will be a Hollywood "P"?????

At least that is what I am going to start hoping for . . . . .

20. drunkensky

drunkensky New Member

I saw a picture of Lindsay Lohan in a magazine. and she had what looked like the treo hollywood. Well.. at least it looked like a black treo and it didn't have an antena.