update

Discussion in 'Homebrew Apps' started by specialk81, Nov 14, 2009.

1. specialk81

specialk81 New Member

the new palm update can be downloaded today. but i have dont the Web OS Quick Install and done some tweaks. can i just install the new update?? or what do i do since i've done tweaks with web quick install???

2. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

From what I understand, you need to remove all tweaks, hacks and homebrew before performing an update. If not, it could lead to problems, including webOS thinking you haven't updated (even though you already have). It sees an altered version and then continues to push an update.

On the safe side, remove all your tweaks and then install webOS 1.3.1.

3. max.swell

max.swell New Member

the other way to remove tweaks is through Preware. in Preware goto list everything and search for emergency patch removal. installing that will remove all patches. you can then update. BTW it might be a good idea to remove any themes you may have installed.

4. tjborn

tjborn New Member

I removed all my tweaks/patches (pretty simple with preware), but left my homebrew apps and have had no problems.

5. JGood

JGood New Member

What if you forgot to remove tweeks before you udated...? now phone doesn't display tweeks on phone but says are installed and won't let you remove them? How can i go back and remove them then update...?

THanks!

6. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Back up what you can and then use webOS Doctor. This will restore your Palm Pre back to it's factory state (erases everything).

7. JGood

JGood New Member

Ouch... that is a bummer... So when i back it up, i can just save pictures, music etc. But i will have to go back and set up all emails, bookmarks, contacts, etc?

When i try to remove installed tweaks i get Failed "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during pre-remove script execution"

8. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

When you sign into your Palm profile, that should come back -- IF you are using an IMAP email account. App Catalog apps come back, etc.

BTW, this advice comes from Palm's Developer Relations Mgr. Saw it a few weeks back on Twitter.

-Chris