Verizon webos update 1.4.1.1 changelog

Discussion in 'Palm webOS' started by AKITAYO, Apr 29, 2010.

1. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Version information

Version: webOS 1.4.1.1
    Release date: 28 April 2010
    New applications

NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

Bluetooth
    This release fixes an issue so that the phone now correctly connects with supported BMW car kits.

Camera
    This release corrects a lag in the shutter sound when you take a picture.
    This release fixes an issue so that newly taken photos and videos do not overwrite existing ones.

Contacts
    If you crop a picture before adding it to a contact, the picture appears cropped correctly in the contact entry.

If you previously assigned either the Z or the B key as a speed dial, you can now continue to create speed dials.

Doc View
    If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

Messaging
    If you try to attach a video to an outgoing multimedia message, the list of available videos now displays only videos you recorded.

PDF View
    If you open a file and perform the back gesture, the app now returns to the file list screen.
    Pinching in/out to zoom out/in now works correctly.

System
    This release fixes an intermittent issue so that pressing a key once now consistently enters a character only once.
    This release fixes an intermittent issue so that the volume slider no longer appears onscreen incorrectly.

Touchstone charging dock
    When the phone is on a Touchstone charging dock, the screen now consistently turns off correctly (displaying the lock icon and the time) after the shut-off interval.

Videos
    If you record a video, upload the video to YouTube, and send a link to the video via email, the email recipient can click the link and view the video. Previously, clicking the link displayed an error message.

This release fixes an issue so that when you upload a video to YouTube, the file always includes both video and audio.

Web
    The forward gesture now works correctly in the browser.
    Security

Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
    Pre Plus
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/verizon/solutions/article/71622_en.html#141

Pixi Plus
    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pixi/pixi/verizon/solutions/article/50608_en.html#141

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. nerelda

nerelda New Member

Looking forward to getting this, but will probably do this later in the day when I am in an area with better/faster signal. :)

3. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Pls let us know how do you feel/work your Pre Plus after the update. Thanks.

4. Shaun0207

Shaun0207 New Member

Is this only for the PRe Plus? No showing an update on my phone

5. nerelda

nerelda New Member

Well the update went smoothly. I didn't have the best signal, but it still took less than an hour for the download, install, etc of the software. I have already sent several txt messages and still get a double key hit (BUT ONLY when it's MY fault now!) I'm very excited to see that truly getting some help. I'll continue to keep a close eye on it though to make sure that continues.

It's seeming to run a bit more smoothly now as well. I was beginning to have a few lag issues, but haven't noticed any so far. (Then again, I haven't had too much time to play around with that).

Shaun - Your signature shows you have a Pre. Are you on Sprint? If so, you should have already received your update a good while back. If on Verizon, give it some time. I hear they are not releasing it to everyone on the same day to keep down the network overload. Last I heard, it will be going out to everyone over a period of 4 days.