What Does Your Username Mean?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lulugirl896, Oct 30, 2005.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Searching the vBulletin knowledgebase and Dictionary.com. Say one thing for members of this community -- they go above and beyond.

But what kind of name is "I Love My Good Luck Winning". Perhaps, they thought the longest name would have an advantage in winning the Treo 650 giveaway?

-Chris

2. Jmtyra

Jmtyra New Member

Oh, now if that's the case...I ~SO~ need to re-register.

What's that character limit again for usernames again? *grin*

3. nobbie

nobbie New Member

Mine is my given first name. My goal is to own it everywhere. Was finally able to get it as my URL. You can check it out if you want. If I can't get it, then I add "club" just before it.

4. tcbracing

tcbracing New Member

TCB = My initials and also "Takin' Care of Buisiness" (I'm more of a B.T.O fan then Elvis though)
    Racing = Always been a big race fan and even got the chance to do a little SCCA Road Racing in a 1980 Mazda RX-7 from '93 to '98.

Always thought it would be a great name for a racing car parts buisiness.

5. Rn2327

Rn2327 New Member

Mine is easy im a Registered Nurse and I used my daughter's BD's, not very original but close to my heart

6. lulugirl896

lulugirl896 New Member

Wow! Your daughter was born in 1927???!!! :laugh:

7. Rn2327

Rn2327 New Member

LOL, i forgot to say i have two daughters, one was born on the 23rd and the other the 27th :wacko:

8. nobbie

nobbie New Member

Oh, I thought your kids were born on February 2nd and 7th!:cool:

9. kidvdub

kidvdub New Member

During my first year on a new job as an x-ray technologists I met a gentlemen (German) named Fred Helminski. He was a big guy and we found common ground to chat about his old Volkswagens and the one I drove (1960 bug). He and I became good friends and he would greet me every time with "Hello Kidvdub".

I have now owned a total of 5 VW including the passat I drive now.

Fred passed several years later and I have never used any other user name except kidvdub.

10. Visor

Visor New Member

I bought a Handspring Visor that I realy liked. It died but I still have it and it's blue. So I started using Visor Blue as my screen names, etc. Although, as much as I'm likin' my Treo 650 I may have to change my name. :)

11. ambient_6

ambient_6 New Member

ambient_6 is twofold: ambient <-> 6

6 because I drive a mazda6 (and are associated with mazda forums).

ambient = to completely envelop; to surround.
    This word jumps from my original name ambience (also called ambiance) because my license plate could only fit 7 letters [​IMG]
    ambience = the special atmosphere or mood created by a particular environment.

Besides the fact that I listen to music that I deem the 'ambience' type, I originally used @mbience* as my Halo 1 name. Took it to all the tournaments. I use ambient_6 everywhere now, including my website (in progress) - ambient6.net

weird, huh.

12. omarphi215

omarphi215 New Member

my username

My username is simply my frist name my original city's abbv. and the 215 is the are code.

13. WiggyFife

WiggyFife New Member

I got my username from listening to Larry the Cable Guy CDs. He was doing a skit and said something about a WiggyFife, & for some reason, it stuck!!! I'm the same username on all forums I belong too!!!:laugh:

14. homing

homing New Member

Well for me it started may years ago when i was a geeky preteenager and i was playing a Game called Descent . In that game there was the Homing Missile.

Now I'm not a gamer at all, but that name just followed me. My Vj name is VJ homing

15. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

I remember Descent - barely, but I had it for the mac.

-Chris

16. ep_threezy

ep_threezy New Member

Mine comes from my car. The 2002-2005 Honda Civic Si is model named EP3 by the manufacturer. The forum for "ep" enthusiasts is ephatch.com. EP_threezy was the only available way to do name myself.

17. Visor

Visor New Member

There's a LOT of miners still trapped there waiting for you to rescue them, too. :)

Loved that you could flip, roll, fly in any direction -- experience vertigo. Neat game for its time.

Darn, now I want a Treo version. :)

18. Stillrockin

Stillrockin Smart Phone Idiot

Silly but true:
    So in the early 80's, I was very heavily involved in the local music scene - Hard Rock/Heavy Metal. So one by one, all my other buddies started leaving that scene for Country music, mainly because they liked to eat, and country was in demand, and hair rock was a very limited scene. I refused to sell out:cool: and once made a statement to some of my old hair pals that when they were in some VFW singing Delta Dawn to a bunch of 90 year olds, I would still be rocking . . . . So they started calling me . . . . .

Stillrockin. . . . . .

19. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Not in New York. Hair bands were all the rage. I'll have to dig up a photo of "the good old days" somewhere. I played in a band for 10 years - we were real serious about music and hair.:laugh: Think Poison meets Warrant meets Skid Row meets Bon Jovi. That was us. We played all originals and played the local club circuit here in NY. I still have my guitars, but rarely pick them up. I purchased the cable to connect my guitar to my Mac and had plans of using Apple's Garage Band -- but haven't gotten around to it yet. Good to see you're still rockin' out. Some of my old band mates are still jammin'.

-Chris

20. infested

infested New Member

This nickname just stuck, when I was a wee bitty child, I used to play a game called "Starcraft" like 24/7. The name just comes from an Infested terran. Not really sure why I choose it, heh.