What Does Your Username Mean?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lulugirl896, Oct 30, 2005.

1. glsda

glsda New Member

Mine is my initials and the initials of a position I once held in management.

2. Alwayspalm

Alwayspalm New Member

Mine is forum specific I have used a Palm since the first US Robotics Pilot launch. Then moved up to 3Com Palm V, Palm Tungsten E, Palm Tx, Treo 700p, Treo 755P. Hence Always Palm :).

3. .plaid

.plaid New Member

The . came a few years before the plaid, when I bought Diablo I. I was fascinated by the notion of Blizzard's battle.net online play so I make a .rena character to fight in the battle arena ... battle.net cum battle.rena. The . has stuck for all of my future DI characters (if you've ever teamed with a legit .xxx toon it was prolly me), and when I first noticed plaid for the first time I fell in love. Did I mention that I have a plaid tat? Anyway....

I put the two together in college during a, I don't know, Java or maybe C++ class when the idea of classes were introduced. IIRC class properties are defined or called as class.property. That's why the tageline on my blog is "coding life in a world of colors" - I'm no programmer but it's not really abouty coding programs so much as it is an identity blah blah blah.

As an aside, some folks call me "plaid" even though I consider the informal of this moniker as "dot". /waves

...golly, thought I'd replied here already.

Best,

4. The Apple

The Apple New Member

I like apples. Products from apple, apples to eat. I like apple bottoms....... I also like gravity.

5. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Username had me thinking...hmmm...just maybe. Avatar was a dead giveaway. Thanks for drifting over here to Everything Pre from EverythingiCafe.

6. The Apple

The Apple New Member

Thanks for making good quality sites for people to educate and entertain themselves!!!

7. jojofsu75

jojofsu75 New Member

Mines simple, Jojo, nickname. FSU cause they rock...sometimes:wink: and 75 the year i was born.

8. gabegodines

gabegodines New Member

Just my name

short for Gabriel Godines...gabegodines...not creative enough?

9. Treice1978

Treice1978 New Member

My name came from part of my real name and the year I was born

10. hopper84

hopper84 New Member

Mine's from the nickname my friends gave me because I'm tall and lanky and once (while drunk) i poised like a grasshopper in a fake kung fu fight.. so since then they called me grasshopper, then shortened it to hopper.. and 84 my birth year.

11. soccerbudd

soccerbudd New Member

I created my username "way back" in the mid-nineties when I first got access to AOL. I've always loved playing soccer and wanted my username to be "soccerbuddy". Well, AOL had a character limit, so it was shortened to "soccerbudd". It's my generic username, though I prefer my name if it's not already taken.

12. Souljerr

Souljerr New Member

It's my XBox live gamer tag... cuz ya know I got soul

13. mrs_gekko

mrs_gekko New Member

My husband and I love gekkos and our Graphics business is called Gekko Graphics .
    One day about 8 years ago this little neighbor boy came a over and said " Mrs.Gekko I can pay you a quarter if you will make my mom a birthday card for me."
    My husband laughed hysterically and started calling me Mrs-Gekko.

14. drbyers

drbyers New Member

I'm not a Dr. but I play one on tv...

15. monkeyxplosion

monkeyxplosion New Member

Mine dates back from a particular Pearls Before Swine comic strip that had me in hysterics for some reason when I read it.

The gist of it goes like this: Rat starts a book with the sentence, "The sea was teeming with angry monkeys." Goat complains you can't begin a story with a crazy sentence with no context. Next sentence, "KABOOM! Went the seaside monkey factory moments before."

16. slsmjr

slsmjr New Member

mine is initials...first mine, then my son's...awe....too girly?

17. NOLAnwGOLD

NOLAnwGOLD New Member

mines from flyertalk.com
    oddly it's totally out of date now
    no longer in new orleans
    nw is now owned and becoming delta
    and now platinum elite not gold...

alas, old names are easier to remember

18. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

It means I LOVE MY GOOD LUCK OF WINNING

maybe he/she is positive in winning a Pre:smile:

19. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

Akitayo

AKITAYO means I AM HERE but in Spanish AQUI ESTOY YO it is a contraction instead of the AQUI word is AKI
    instead of the ESTOY word is TA
    plus YO (I) in English

AQUI ESTOY YO
    AKI TA YO

I AM HERE:smile:

20. soleobjective

soleobjective New Member

i used to be very involved in collecting nike/jordan shoes, and i was always intent on getting the next pair the day they were released. i went to the stores with an OBJECTIVE to get the pair of shoes before they sold out.

SOLEOBJECTIVE