Which Cingular Data Plan are you using?

Discussion in 'Cingular' started by cmeinck, Apr 29, 2005.

?

Which Cingular Data Package are you using?

1. PDA / EDGE package

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. MediaWorks

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  3. Other package

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Not using a data package

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Are you using the PDA plan/ EDGE, Media Works, some other data plan or none at all. Is EDGE an upgrade over MediaWorks?

2. tonydrone

tonydrone New Member

The first day Cingular merged w/ATT, I got lucky and grabbed the Unlimited Media worx, with 1500 txt and 200 pix for 19.99. Great Plan.

3. millerhifi

millerhifi New Member

I've got the original unlimited Media Works for $19.99. :D

4. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Count me as another using the $19.95 Media Works.

5. xxpinballxx

xxpinballxx New Member

I haev media works unlimited.... I got in when it was 19.95 for unlimited when I bought my Motorola MPx220..works great and glad i did it then....

6. padamson

padamson New Member

I'm looking at getting a Treo 650:

My local Cingular rep quoted me $50.00 a month just for unlimited media, but didn't specify what type. Is there any way that I could get pricing similar to what you veterans have? If not, what's the best value?

7. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

He misquoted you. Cingular pricing for unlimited data is $39.95 regardless of where you buy the Treo (with Cingular service that is..)

Most of us have been grandfathered in at that price. I've been with Cingular since my Treo 600.

-Chris

8. Antoine of MMM

Antoine of MMM New Member

Interesting, I use MEdia Net for $20/month and thats unlimited net. I have a 200.month text messaging plan added on. I dont use MMS that often, and so therefore its pay per use.

Because I review phones (where's that new Treo at :shocked:) I needed to make my plan usable for both business and play. This seems to work great with my usage patterns.

9. saras

saras New Member

Data Plan

I use the Cingular Unimited Data plan - $39.95 per month.

10. lulugirl896

lulugirl896 New Member

I use that plan to, but after updating my rom yesterday, it shows on my phone as MediaNet.

11. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

What did you update your ROM to?

-Chris

12. Jmtyra

Jmtyra New Member

Cingular Unlimited for me, snuck it in for the $19.99 though. :thumbup:

13. Rn2327

Rn2327 New Member

I've got:thumbup: the original unlimited Media Works for $19.99

14. wrathletik

wrathletik New Member

Unlimited Internet, 1500 SMS, 200 MMS - $20

15. lulugirl896

lulugirl896 New Member

Software 1.14
    Firmware 1.43

16. volatl

volatl New Member

I just purchased a Cingular Treo 650 on 11-15-05 and they told me that the only data plan available was the $39.99. Do you guys have a way for me to downgrade to the MediaWorks $19.99? I would appreciate the help.

17. Dredlocks

Dredlocks New Member

Cingular site confusing

Volatl,

I was using the PDA unlimited plan too. Felt like hey this is cool. Then, after the crack wore off and I woke up in a puddle of doubt, I called Cingular to ask if I could use Media Net. They said no. The site said Treo 650 was not compatible with things like Media Net and Mobitv. I had already been using Mobitv. So don't always follow the site. I called today and I am now on the MediaNet unlimited ($19) and have 1000 sms for $9.99. Just call them and say you want to change. If they say it can't be done, ask to speak to someone higher because, it can be done.

18. Jmtyra

Jmtyra New Member

I agree with Dredlocks, it -can- be done, but they want to charge you more b/c the PDA uses much more b/w then a regular phone would.

You may have to fight them to get them to change it for you, but I am here to tell ya that it works just fine, I've been using it no prob.

Good luck!

19. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

That's pretty amazing! If you login to Cingular, what does it say on your account. I was grandfathered in on the MediaNet unlimited, but the last time I logged onto Cingular I didn't see the word "unlimited" anywhere. I've never had an issue going over data usage (and I've used a lot during particular months), but was curious how they tagged the accounts. Cingular has so many names for these...

Congrats on the new low price!:w00t:

20. ras19064

ras19064 Member

Just to muddy the waters, I am an old AT&T wireless customer and I have Unlimited MMode for $24.99. I did hit the "trifecta", however, when getting my Treo 650. I have a corp discount plan (5% on service and 30% on hardware) after talking to customer no-service several times, I found one agent who agreed that I should get 30% off of the $399 quoted online and in the cingular stores, then she was feeling sorry for how I was treated, so I bought the Treo for $134.99 and then I asked about the "loyal customer credits", she said they can't be used to buy hardware, but after hearing about all of the rude and incorrect info that I'd been told, she applied a $220. credit to my airtime. It doesn't happen very often, but I'm very happy with the whole deal.