Late yesterday, Palm released webOS 1.4.5 update for the Sprint Palm Pre and Palm Pixi. No word yet on the same update for Verizon and AT&T customers. If you are on Sprint and haven’t received webOS 1.4.5 yet, you should receive it shortly OTA. Let us know how it’s working for you. Below is the full changelog.
Feature changes to existing applications
- This release includes minor fixes and enhancements to support the public release of the webOS Plug-in Development Kit (PDK).
- This release may require you to update certain apps to their latest version to properly support the launch of the webOS PDK. If you have a game that is not saving your game information correctly (high scores, stages, settings) check the App Catalog for updates. For more information on updating apps, see Using App Catalog.
- Palm Pixi and Palm Pixi Plus phones can now run 3D games and other apps developed with the webOS PDK. Check App Catalog for titles that are compatible with your phone.
- If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
- This release fixes a rare problem so that podcasts now download correctly.
This release addresses several security issues with the Palm webOS software.