Cell phone virus

Discussion in 'Treo 755p' started by RealtorLisa, Aug 20, 2008.

1. RealtorLisa

RealtorLisa New Member

Has anyone heard of a cell phone virus that is affecting Treo 755p through text messages? My phone shuts down everytime I go to send or receive a text message. It also won't let me delete previous text messages....HELP!!

2. benjie

benjie New Member

Not a virus, a corrupted file. Take a try at DBFixit or if it is not important to you, just delete the file with a file management application.

3. kaydb

kaydb New Member

i'm not understanding? what exactly needs to be deleted and how do u delete it?

i dont even know that my phone has a virus my friend just happened to tell me while i was texting...idk how he would no this??

but today i'm getting some error message when trying to go to the homepage:
    "Unknown Error. URL:http://vision.sprintpcs.com/"

4. benjie

benjie New Member

There are no virii for the Palm OS world. The file that needs medical assistance or death depends upon the application that is ill. You just gotta be a bit more specific before a diagnosis can be delivered (even free ones).

On your error, is the radio turned on? that is the first in a short list of considerations.

5. ally3411

ally3411 New Member

Have you tried deleting the messages db from apps (Press home button, hit menu, d, then scroll down to Messages Database and tap Delete)?

6. cgaskamp

cgaskamp New Member

755p restarts when opening a text chat

My phone shuts down everytime I go to send or receive a text message. This happens in the chat section. It also won't let me delete the text messages.

7. plunker

plunker New Member

Did you try ally's suggestion??

8. MillenniAKA

MillenniAKA New Member

BINGO! That worked. I haven't tried to re-synch my phone yet. Do you know if I will bring the issue back? Thank you again.

9. plunker

plunker New Member

You just have to try it and see. The file could be bad on both devices or just your phone....

10. Meredith99

Meredith99 New Member

My phone was shutting off when i tried to text and deleting the messages db from apps (Press home button, hit menu, d, then scroll down to Messages Database and tap Delete) worked for me!

thank you!