Mac and the new 700

Discussion in 'Treo and Mac OS X' started by anthea.tillyer, Oct 14, 2005.

1. anthea.tillyer

anthea.tillyer New Member

Hi there:

I have read that the new 700 will use only Windows mobile software. No more Palm, apparently.

Does anyone have any idea how this will affect those of us on the right side of life, the Mac users?

Anthea

2. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Anthea-
    I've never felt that Palm did such a great job of supporting us Mac folks to begin with... As a lifelong Mac person and Palm user, I really don't find much different with Palm Desktop than from Claris Organizer. The good news is that Mark/Space has already made synchronization solution for Mac users. It doesn't support Windows Mobile 5, but it will.

I think there are bigger an better things coming from Palm in the next few months -- outside of the Windows Mobile Treo. At that time, we can choose to stick with our 650's, move to Windows:eek:hmy: or wait for the next big thing from Palm.

Or... Maybe...just maybe...there will be an iPhone, although I wouldn't count on it.

-Chris
    (from the right side of life)

p.s. - waiting patiently for my new iPod to arrive!

3. anthea.tillyer

anthea.tillyer New Member

The 700

I still use my 180! I gave my husband a 650 and he loves it, but for me the 180 is perfect. Until I can get good bluetooth with my Treo, I'll stick with my 180.

As for Mac users and Palm, I agree that we have never been that important. But what with Missing Synch, I don't think we need to worry. Mac and bluetooth go so well together, so I am really looking forward to being able to use a Treo that offers steady bluetooth. Maybe the 700 will show real commitment to BT.

I-phones: If you have the web on your phone, you can use Skype and avoid phone companies altogether! Called France from New York this morning on my 180, using Skype, and paid 58 cents for a talk that lasted 27 minutes!

Anthea