Newbie with the everpresent question

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by olkev, Jun 24, 2008.

1. olkev

olkev New Member

WOW!, what a site and what a load of wonderful info!

I've decided to upgrade from a T-Mobile RAZR to an AT&T Treo. I've had some experience with the Palm OS in a Sony Clie, but not with the Windows Mobile OS. I'm trying to decide between a 750 and a 680.

Is there much difference in the processors or RAM? How about the RAM? Do these max out with external memory at 2GB? (My wife's Centro is at 4GB)

I know for sure that I want to use some 3rd party medical programs such as Skyscape, Epocrates, & Johns Hopkins Antibiotic Guide. I also what to use AvantGo. The Windows Office syncing and transferability is a plus. I most likely would like to explore utilizing a Spectec WiFi card as well.

My greatest concern is OS crashing. I've heard that Windows Mobile is more prone to that than Palm. I've also heard that transferring aftermarket ringtones is a problem with one or both of the phones.

I'm looking for someone to sell me one way or the other on one of these phones. I think I would get a more honest appraisal here than from a sales rep. What say you experienced Treo users? Is one of these phones just head and shoulders above the other? If so, why?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. el_nova

el_nova New Member

I am lookin for prc file for the program java for the treo 700p can some please help me my email is nelson.el.nova@gmail.com