Notepad for treo 700p

Discussion in 'Treo 700p' started by richard3rd, Jan 2, 2007.

1. richard3rd

richard3rd New Member

I have a Zire 72 that came with notepad,I've tried BugMe & DuddleBug and didn't like them would much rather install Palm version.Need some detailed instruction on how this can be done.Thx rich

2. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Not sure of your question. You are looking to install an application on your Treo 700p that allows for creating notes using graffiti? The options are DiddleBug, BugMe and MobileWrite.

-Chris

3. richard3rd

richard3rd New Member

just wanted to find out how i can beam notepad app from my zire72 to my treo 700p?i tried diddlebug & bugme and i just didn't like them as much as i did notepad,so i wanted to know how to transfer this app?

4. kdallen

kdallen Moderator

I'd recommend against that. Many long-time Palm users are tempted to do it, but apps designed for other Palm devices don't play well on the 700p. That's the reason it's also strongly discouraged that Palm owners just sync their old apps to their 700p once they first get it.

There are many who share your frustration at not being able to use familiar apps, but the potential headaches you might encounter wouldn't be worth it, IMHO.

5. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

I was looking for the Palm knowledgebase document that details upgrading from a previous Palm device (Zire). If I recall, it lists a few apps that don't play nice on the Treo.

-Chris

6. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Found it, but I was incorrect. It doesn't list the apps, but rather informs of a quarantine process for 3rd party apps during the transfer.

"The Treo 650 installer includes a "quarantine" process that isolates third-party applications that Palm has identified to be incompatible with Treo 650. These quarantined applications will not be migrated to your new Treo 650."

I assume the process is the same for the 700p. If it didn't make the transfer, Palm may have deemed it incompatible with the Treo.

7. kdallen

kdallen Moderator

You're quick, Chris. I was just about to post the same page/info.

8. mcapehart

mcapehart New Member

You might take a look at EasyNotes, which uses your Memo DB, but also allows sketches and voice recording to them.

9. jreagles16

jreagles16 New Member

if a student pennvnotes works well with calendarnote.

10. kocoman

kocoman New Member

Is there a notepad that stores into the SD by default? like CardTXT for memopad? Thanks

11. mcapehart

mcapehart New Member

EasyNotes allows storing to the card, but is set to RAM by default...just a simple pref change though.

12. lightminute

lightminute New Member

Was the OP still looking for a way to accomplish this? I'm relatively new to my Treo but I've had Palms forever. I have successfully transferred the native Notepad program from my previous Zire to the Treo with no adverse effects. The only problem is that there is no Notepad app in the Palm Desktop but anything you write into the Treo will be fine there.

If you're still interested, let me know and I can walk you through it. Alternatively, you may search Google and find a few articles.