Official webOS 1.1.0 Thread

Discussion in 'Palm webOS' started by sonso, Jul 23, 2009.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

App Catalog. I don't think it's been mentioned that the "beta" is gone and there's a big search bar at the top.
    Was that there before?

2. aveksler

aveksler New Member

Whooshing sound is still there, just muffled. Palm has replaced system notification from dingy cow-bell to a muffled cow-bell. Or should I say, they stuck a cotton ball into the dingy cow-bell and recorded a new sound for us :) OK, I'm being an ass. Sorry. I was expecting custom sounds with this release altogether.

3. joek71

joek71 New Member

Not yet, but it is coming i would say in the next update or the next one.

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I can't stop playing with it trying to find the new stuff. Nothing has really changed for me since I don't use my phone for email or chat. New sound notification doesn't bother me either since I have it on vibrate 90% of the time. Emotes, meh, I only use the =-P anyways. Web seems fast along with everything else. As for nfl I could care less. Its just like nascar. Only sport I pay attention to is baseball. Syncing with itunes, score 1 for me.

5. sfac

sfac New Member

I see the search bar, but also still see the word Beta across the top right corner in a watermark.

6. sonso

sonso New Member

revision

Thanks Joek 71 for the emoticons (I hit the thank u button LOL)

3 things,

1. u can do most of the emoticons just a tad more simple on the pre, i.e. don't need the dash "-" in most of them. revision:

***You do not need the "-" with the "happy face" or "sad face". I only put them here because otherwise, they turn into the icon in this post. The only emoticon you need three characters for is the "crying face"***

:) happy face - see above
    :! scared
    :D grin
    ;) wink
    :p tongue
    :-( sad - see above
    :/ confused
    :S dead
    :* kiss
    :mad: green
    :'( crying
    8) sunglasses

2. For now, i just made a list in a memo because I don't feel like taking 3 seconds to memorize them.

3. Also, this may be worth a separate thread as this will get buried in this long thread. Unless a search for emoticon is sufficient I guess....

I'm just going to make a new post since so many have this question...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  7. joek71

joek71 New Member

I see no one mentioned about copy & paste, any changes in that?

8. aveksler

aveksler New Member

Holly crap. WHERE app is broken. What am I going to do without my Starbucks and lowest gas prices? This is what I am getting now:

Attached Files:

9. aveksler

aveksler New Member

No changes in copy/paste. I was hoping on undo command to be added (Gesture + Z). Oh well.

10. joek71

joek71 New Member

Where is working for me without a problem.

11. gweempose

gweempose New Member

Yes, it's very strange that there is no way to select the emoticons graphically. I much prefer the way it is on my wife's Centro.

12. aveksler

aveksler New Member

Ahhh. Sorry about that. There was a update available from App Catalog. I am not sure if it's related to 1.1.0 or I just wasn't on top of it.

Folks, If you get blank page in WHERE application, check for the updates

13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

OK I get the emotes now.
    Really needs some kind menu but I'm guessing it's more for receiving than sending.

14. joek71

joek71 New Member

I had it on my BlackBerry it was pretty cool. Hope Palm improves on this on next update.

15. sfac

sfac New Member

Seems to be working fine for me.

16. chemicalarts

chemicalarts New Member

Where are the flying cars? I wanted flying cars!

Although, I'm glad they've enabled 'walking on water'.

17. MeanGreengdub

MeanGreengdub New Member

Where did u get that baseball background chemical?

18. SDRANGER619

SDRANGER619 New Member

woo welcome 1.1 I love updated. lol

19. ernier

ernier New Member

great UI update, smoother.

is it just me or the notification for incoming txt message change??

20. soleobjective

soleobjective New Member

I really like the new look of EP.com

Anyone else??