Original Software Woes

Discussion in 'Treo 700p' started by ad johnson, Dec 29, 2006.

1. ad johnson

ad johnson New Member

I installed the software for the 700p on computer #1 6 months ago. Then I got my wife a computer (computer #2). I installed the software on her computer (computer #2) and tried to sync the Treo to computer #2 and a connection could not be etablished.

I want her computer (computer #2) to be the computer that she syncs her treo to, not mine.

Is this because the Treo has already established a profile on computer #1 or what? I need to figure this out as she's getting ready to go out of town for a few weeks. Any input?

Thanks

2. jreagles16

jreagles16 New Member

No your should be able to sync your/her treo.

But, I don't think that is the issue. Is your desktop recogonizing the treo when connected? (I assuming your connecting the treo by usb cable?).

3. jfa

jfa New Member

has your issue been resolved or are you still having problems

4. ad johnson

ad johnson New Member

No resolution. She took her computer out of town. I won't see her for a month or so. :frown:

5. jfa

jfa New Member

bummer hopefully when she gets back you can get it worked out.

6. ad johnson

ad johnson New Member

I found a link to palm's site- I thought it would be helpful but it wasn't.
    I couldn't sync her Treo to her computer. I can still sync it to mine. I'm running out of possbilities. :angry:
    At least she's back in town for a little while.

7. Kreth

Kreth Moderator

Does Windows recognize the device when you connect the USB cable?

8. ad johnson

ad johnson New Member

Yes, and the computer does all of the beeping and whatnot like when you connect a flashdrive, iPod, or mass storage device. Still I've never been able to successfully sync her Treo to her computer.

9. jfa

jfa New Member

what about her computer settings does she have a firewall set up whpse settings would be interefering with a sync operation. Are her treo settiung the same as yours with regards to conduits and other syn settings?

10. Kreth

Kreth Moderator

Give the Card Export trial a shot. The app lets you browse the Treo's SD card like an external drive on your PC. That should rule out a bad cable.

11. jfa

jfa New Member

What usb port are you using to attempt to sync her treo. If yoiu are using a hub or the front usb ports try the usb ports in the back they seem to generate stable sufficient power. Sometimes a hub or the front ports dont get the juice right and the treo can be finicky about that.

12. kevinmichaels

kevinmichaels New Member

13. ad johnson

ad johnson New Member

It has a firewall (zone alarm), but it's not the source of the problem.

I'll try that, though I don't believe it's a bad cable. I successfully sync the device to my own computer with out issue.

I've connected it to all of those on her laptop and mine. They are identical computers.

I'll check this out as soon as I get home.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I've been busy with the wife and haven't checked back for a while.

The last time I was dealing with this, my internet was acting up. I was working on her Treo, connecting her Nano, and watching a video on PS2. So I had a PS2 controller, an iPod, two remotes, two laptops, a cordless phone, a mobile phone, and her Treo on the table. At that time, I was tired of technology. I felt like throwing it all out the window. :cool: