PALM PRE WebOS 1.2 BLINK NOTIFICATION VIDEO

Discussion in 'Palm webOS' started by AKITAYO, Sep 8, 2009.

1. AKITAYO

AKITAYO New Member

2. azkansei

azkansei New Member

thanks so much for posting that!

can't wait, maybe tonight :)

3. pendragon

pendragon New Member

1.2 blink notification

Where in the forum is the information to modify the screen lock app so that blink notifiaction can be setup?

4. mfurrer

mfurrer New Member

WHEN WILL 1.2 be out????

5. pendragon

pendragon New Member

I thought I saw Sept 26th somewhere

6. dmatic

dmatic New Member

I have notice that updates in the app catalog, updates for the pre and new apps usually come out on Thursday or Friday for that last 2 months. So i'm thinking the 24th of Sept.

7. pendragon

pendragon New Member

What network are you with, I haven't seen anything on the Bell network in the app catalog

8. reagan247

reagan247 New Member

I wish that Palm would just make this a default part of webOS 1.2

I wonder why they commented it out in the leaked OS

9. pendragon

pendragon New Member

So this was originally intended to be a part of 1.2? They probably commented it out so that they can sell a new app to put it back in!

10. reagan247

reagan247 New Member

It is part of the leaked version that a few people got their hands on a week or so ago... but they ALL said it was commented out, and that it was an easy fix to add it back in. That's what's frustrating... Palm doesn't have the luxury at the moment to not be trying to wow people and keep them with features that are useful and add to the value of the Pre.

11. pendragon

pendragon New Member

I'm with you there, maybe the leaked version wasn't the hard coded version and it will appear in the final release

12. reagan247

reagan247 New Member

That's what I'm hoping for... because there was no indication of paid apps or an app catalog update in the leaked version, and those have all but been guaranteed so far. And the whole Yahoo! and LinkedIn integration has been promised, so who knows... hopefully Palm is gonna knock our socks off come this week!

13. pendragon

pendragon New Member

Well it's the 26th and still no sign of V1.2 at least not on the Bell network, baught a touchstone works really easily but only from a charger not from the PC

14. joek71

joek71 New Member

Hope they can give option to change color of the Blink led for different thing, sms, email, missed calls, etc... different color for different functions.

15. Thunderwang

Thunderwang New Member

Wouldn't that be a hardware function, though?

16. joek71

joek71 New Member

The hardware is there it takes software to implement it.

17. azkansei

azkansei New Member

no the hardware is definitely not there. White LEDs are white

The hardware is there to blink them individually though.. so having the left one for email, middle one for SMS/IM, right one for voicemail.. that would be totally possible.

18. SSmokybear

SSmokybear New Member

OK so web OS 1.2.0 installed. How do i activate the Blink Notification??

19. azkansei

azkansei New Member

they didn't end up including the feature. From what I've heard it's just commented out in a file somewhere.. need to track down which file

20. SSmokybear

SSmokybear New Member

I appreciate the assistance here. But what is commented out??