Treo 670 Windows Mobile? Fact or Crap

Discussion in 'General Treo Discussion' started by cmeinck, Aug 5, 2005.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Some dude over at HowardForums posted a photo of the *new* Treo 670 running Windows Mobile. Personally, I think this is just some handy Photoshop work. Judge for yourself, but the facts just don't add up. Why would Verizon be the first to get this phone? I think the first new Treo will see will be running the Palm OS -- next thing you 'll tell me Apple is going to start using Intel chips. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

2. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Photo of the Treo 670 Rumor

Fact or Crap?

[​IMG]

3. lazyrighteye

lazyrighteye New Member

Crappy Fact

Fact is, a Treo 670 will come out... at some point.
    Hopefully it won't look like this piece of crap.

4. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

lol:biggrin:

5. photony

photony New Member

It doesn't make sense that the 670, which would made by Pa1m, would use Windows-anything. Unless they have some strategic alliance that nobody else is privy to, I'd say this is a clever PS trick or screen shot adapted to the screen of the Treo.

It would certainly dampen upgrade sales, since those of us who have spent a lot of time tricking out our treos with all kinds of cool apps would then be left starting over. And those of us on Macs would be inconvenienced till someone comes out with ANOTHER bridge app like Missing Sync, not to mention disliking the interface.

6. mattha75

mattha75 New Member

OK, new to the forum but all I can sa is this. At MS TechEd in Orlando when I told the MS guy in the Windows Mobile Cabana that I would have loved a Windows Mobile device sporting a treo'esque form factor and qwerty keyboard all he'd say is wait a few months... that was in the beginning of June... you be the judge, PalmOne buys back the rights to Palm from the Palm development group, MS may be the "Big Brother" type but they do sport a very desirable interface... just my $0.02