Treo 680 camera patch addresses battery issues

Discussion in 'Treo 680' started by MarieC, Jan 18, 2007.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

On the Palm page it says that the camera patch should be installed on Treo 680 units purchased before January 18, 2007. I recently purchased my Treo 680 - do you know if this patch is helpful for my unit? The Treo 680 was unavailable for several weeks in my area, and I was only recently able to get it. I was told that there were some ungrades made to the units. Is this true?

Sherryl

2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg New Member

Check on the Palm page. There's some good details on how to be able to tell if your Treo needs the mentioned upgrades (checking software version numbers, camera patch numbers, etc). Don't go by dates purchased.

3. srobins

srobins New Member

Thank you - I will check further.

Sherryl

4. Geo

Geo New Member

Thanks marie. I went to download it.

5. Geo

Geo New Member

Hi All,
    I downloaded it and, well, it works I guess, but I miss the battery life of my 650. I could play Solitaire on a 3 hour plane ride and not worry about the battery life. Now? I am afraid to find out actually? I need to recharge every evening (or before) if I use it for just a few calls it does lose quite a bit of battery life.
    Anyone have any solutions to get more life out of the battery, or is this what everyone is experiencing?
    Geo

6. andrew_l

andrew_l New Member

yea the battery life is so damn horrible, i don't even know why palm would release something like that knowing that the battery life was far more inferior to the 650's, i could go for 5 days or so without a charge on the 650, now i gotta charge this stupid thing everyday......

7. invictuz

invictuz New Member

You can download the treo 680updater to fix the battery issue of your device. The software is free on the palm website :)

8. kartikk

kartikk New Member

I've had my 680 for 4 days now and the battery life is simply terrible! I end up charging it twice a day with no mail-sync even. What I would like to know is how to get the GPRS connection to disconnect once I'm done checking mail or browsing. Is there a trick for that or do I have to power off and on to achieve that?

9. rlyons

rlyons New Member

in Prefs-system you can select network and disconnect. or download
    networkdown.prc from the downloads.

It is pretty stupid not to have a way to turn it off from the browser....

10. kartikk

kartikk New Member

Thanks! I downloaded networkdown.prc. And I couldn't agree more that's it is much too ridiculous not to have a way to turn it off from the browser. Palm should simplify it and enable disconnect by tapping the network strength indicator that also shows if GPRS is active.

Installed the camera patch (even though 680 is purchased after Jan '07), switched off bluetooth and downloaded networkdown.prc; net result = battery life up to almost 36 hours with regular usage. What bugs me is having to switch off bluetooth everytime!