Treo 680

Discussion in 'Treo 680' started by cmeinck, Sep 22, 2006.

1. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

uberphones is reporting that industry insiders have confirmed an upcoming low-cost Treo - the Treo 680.

-Chris

2. Kreth

Kreth Moderator

With apologies to Spinal Tap, it's 30 more! :thumbup:

3. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Well put!:biggrin:

Sounds like this is the famed lowrider that will be priced at $199. I'm curious as to the differences between the 650 and 680 considering the price points are about the same.
    Ah hell, it's 30 more, it must be better.

-Chris

4. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

As has been the history, the leaky faucet is now a become a full blown pipe. Images were found at PalmGear revealing both a Cingular branded Treo 680 and a Cingular branded Treo 750 (a Cingular version of the 750v). Check out the blog entry for more details and glorious imagery of the Treo 680 and Treo 750. I love excitement on a Saturday morning.

And for the lazy.. here's the 680.
    [​IMG]

5. Stillrockin

Stillrockin Smart Phone Idiot

So even though its not ground breaking, I am glad to see some of the new Palm stuff making its way to Cingular
    I would venture to guess that you take a stock 650, add High speed data radio, ptunes, and drop it in a 750 case and you get . . . . . . . . 680

6. geed

geed New Member

YES i can sell my new 600 with an sd card and buy a 680 mm i knew they'd have a 199 treo yes i just want a treo without an antenna , coool

7. Kreth

Kreth Moderator

If it doesn't have an antenna, how the heck am I supposed to pull it out of my pocket? :whistling

8. truoc444

truoc444 New Member

It actually has gold chains attached so you can wear it around your neck as "Bling" like Flav-a-Flav's clocks.

9. geed

geed New Member

anyone know what this will have and what it wont have that the 750 will and is it worth the savings or do we need the 750? what do u think , i hope the 680 high speed internet access bluetooth isn't really neccessary unless u drive i gues

10. kabeyun

kabeyun Moderator

Apples & oranges. The 750 runs Windows, while the 680 looks like it will run PalmOS. If you're starting from scratch, you're in great shape! Choices up the ying yang.

-K

11. pedal2dametal

pedal2dametal New Member

The reason I switched from the 8125 to the Treo 650.

12. rambo47

rambo47 New Member

I must be one of the crazy people that actually likes the look of the antenna. And I too use it to pull my Treo from it's case. Since I use the horizontal carry case I can hook one finger around the antenna and lift it up enough to get my hand around it and lift it out securely. It's a second-nature technique and I'd be lost without it.

13. pedal2dametal

pedal2dametal New Member

Amen to that.

14. emdub

emdub New Member

I kinda like the soap bar look without the antena... if this truly comes out I'm changing my Treo650. Palm needs to get more Palm phones out, I really hate WinMobile (yes I have used it... for 6 months). When is this pegged for release into the wild?

I was actually considering changing to a BlackBerry... but now that I've been using one for a week I still prefer my 650.

15. pedal2dametal

pedal2dametal New Member

I own the 8125, and a Blackberry 7100g, and I still prefer my 650. A great device indeed.

16. emdub

emdub New Member

I've been using a 7290... not half the fun of my Treo.

17. kabeyun

kabeyun Moderator

Could this be what's coming in 2 days?

18. jreagles16

jreagles16 New Member

19. kabeyun

kabeyun Moderator

20. emdub

emdub New Member

Europe in mid-2007?? That sucks... glad I'll be in the US in January. I think I'll be bringing one back.