Treo newbie with a question about SIM card and contacts

Discussion in 'Treo 650' started by jowille, Nov 12, 2005.

1. jowille

jowille New Member

I just got a new treo 650 and it is great! I inserted the old sim card from my nokia 3595 into the treo and the phone works great but I cannot find any of my stored contact numbers. I thought the contact list was stored on the sim, am I mistaken? I put the card back in the nokia and they are there. How can I tranfer my contact list into the Treo?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Ces

Ces New Member

Your contacts have not been inputed into your sim card but rather in your nokia's memory.

3. jowille

jowille New Member

Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate the reply! Oh well, I guess tomorrow I will reload everything into outlook and hotsyc! Darn, I have a lot of numbers too!

Thanks again,

Bill

4. jowille

jowille New Member

Found the answer!

I found my answer! I didn't particularly enjoy the thought of manually re-entering all of my numbers. I found the option in the nokia phone to save the contact list to the sim card and then imported them on the treo! I now have all my contacts!

now if I can only do it with ringtones..... :)

Bill

5. anthea.tillyer

anthea.tillyer New Member

transferring contacts to SIM

I don't know the Nokia that you are referring to, but all of them have a function where you can transfer your contacts to your SIM. I suggest you play around with/read the manual for your Nokia and put your contacts on your SIM. Then you can transfer them to your 650, Great!

Anthea