Verizon - Treo 650 placard no bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Treo 650' started by Phøenix, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Phøenix

Phøenix New Member

Okay guys, I come bearing fantastic news!

It's official, the Treo 650 is going to be released by Verizon, it's just that the customer service reps are either being tight-lipped about it, or they really have no idea.

But I was at a Verizon store a few days ago and spoke with a rep who gave me a lot more information than he was supposed to. He told me off the record, that they already received the placard cards for the display models for the Treo 650, and Verizon has been dropping the price on the T600 in order to clear out their inventory to make room for it.

I asked him what the ETA was on the 650, and he told me that usually they receive the placard cards about a month before they receive the actual units themselves. I asked him if I could actually see one of the placards with my own eyes because I've been getting conflicting reports up the yin-yang form so many reps in the past. This is the same rep whom I said before seemed like the only one who seemed to know what the hell he was talking about and was very knowledgeable on the tech side of things.

He discretely got up and excused himself with a wink to me and went to the back to the storeroom and returned moments later with the placard for the 650 discretely hidden away in his hand. He slipped it to me and when I held it in my own two hands and read it, I almost passed out!!!!!!!!

It was true!!!! He was telling me the truth! I had proof in my very hands! I quickly snapped a photo with a camera phone and delighted in the fact that I would be able to post it here for you guys.

Here is the actual placard from the Verizon store with their patented signature colours showing that they will be offering the Treo 650!

Sorry about the picture quality, but it was taken with a camera phone. I'll try to go back in the next couple of days to take a better picture if I can with my digital camera.

Finally, I think we can breath a sigh of relief!:)

Enjoy guys and let the fervor begin!;)

~Phøenix

Attached Files:

2. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Thanks for posting. It's always nice to get visual confirmation and to wet our appetite for the new Verizon Treo 650 release. Good photo...

This is a perfect example of why camera phones rock. I use my camera for the oddest pictures and I don't carry my E-1 around for random everyday pictures.

3. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Further inspection shows no bluetooth? I would think Verizon would want to advertise the 650's bluetooth capabilities.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  4. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

I also found it interesting that it includes Internet Explorer. :confused: With all the bizarre April Fool's photoshop work, could this be the latest. I doubt it. I think this is the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  5. Phøenix

Phøenix New Member

Actually in my zeal, I forgot it was April Fool's Day yesterday, but I can assure you, this is no prank. Today is April 2nd and I am still 100% honest in my picture and my testimony. There was no funny business there adn no Photoshopping of any kind. As I said, I will try to go back within the next day or two and obtain a better picture of the card with my 3.0 megapixil digicam.

6. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Awesome. As a Mac user, I frequent the very excellent MacSurfer
    and yesterday was filled with iHome and iPDA...etc..etc. Some of the stuff was quite amazing. I'm ready to buy iHome.

So, Internet Explorer for the Treo 650! That's news. Plus, I'm still stuck on the glaring omission of Bluetooth in the placard. With this being one of the key features of the Treo 650, one would think they would advertise it.

7. pdcryan

pdcryan New Member

Hmmm...

I also find it odd that the card describes the camera as being "1 megapixel" (640 x 480 is .3 MP) and mentions dual LCD screens.

I can see maybe bumping the camera (since they're changing some of the internals to add EV-DO) but where are they hiding that 2nd screen? ;-)

8. millerhifi

millerhifi New Member

Sorry, but i'm not buying it!!

1 Megapixel camera?? Dual 64k screens, please!
    Zero mention of BT and nice handsfree headset (included):eek:

9. obeygiant

obeygiant New Member

as much as id like to believe this i dont. the accesories package picture doesnt feature a treo and in the specs it never mentions palm software. i bet we could find the placard of another smartphone and match it to this one. 

also the post about the iHome from macintosh is totally bogus.

10. Phøenix

Phøenix New Member

To all ye doubting Thomases and naysayers, behold! An official announcement by Verizon that they plan on carrying the Treo 650! If seeing is believing, then prepare to become believers!

[​IMG]

I rest my case!

I sayaed it once before, and I'll sayed again, "Let the fervor begin!" ;)

~Phøenix

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2005
  11. shpilkus

shpilkus New Member

May I be among the first to say WOO-HOO! There is also a mention of it on the main verizonwireless.com page - click on Products-phones and it's the first link under 'Info': "Coming Soon: Treo TM 650"

Yippee!

I hope 'soon' is prior to November though.

12. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

We'll be carrying the Treo 650 for Verizon. I don't have specifics yet, but it should be around the third week of April. As soon as I hear more, I'll pass it along. In the meantime, please use our sign up page to be notified of when the Treo 650 for Verizon is available at the EverythingTreo store.

Thanks.
    -Chris

13. obeygiant

obeygiant New Member

oh mama! Next question is when?

14. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Not sure if was mentioned in this thread, but the Verizon Treo 650 will have Bluetooth! :D

15. karlz

karlz New Member

Wow!

OK at least I'm not the only WEIRD person going NUTS for this Verizon Treo 650. I wanted the phone so bad, I got one from Cingular. Let me tell you, the reception SUCKED so bad I HAD to send it back and just say SOMEDAY with Verizon............and............and............

Did you see this place www.younevercall.com ? They let you pre-order the Verizon Treo 650 and claimed it was coming out last week but NO JOY!

WHEN WHENWHEN WHEN!!!

Karlz

16. cmeinck

cmeinck Administrator

Karlz-
    You can pre-order the Treo 700 from me with Verizon. It won't be coming out until 2006, but you can pre-order it.:D Just kidding.

A few sites have jumped the gun on pre-sales of the Verizon Treo 650. Everything Treo will be carrying the new Verizon Treo 650. If you signed up for the Everything Treo Newsletter, you will know well in advance of the release. I should know a week before and you'll know as soon as I do. There is no point in us pre-selling a phone that is weeks away.

Wow, that bad huh? With the Cingular / AT&T merger, I didn't think people had issues with Cingular service. I have it and I'm overall pretty pleased with it. Then again, I'm still a Sprint fan. :rolleyes: I used to be a Verizon guy back when I was using Motorola Star Tac's --- which I still see around.

Anyway, right now it's a few weeks 1-3 for the 650. Hang in there...

- Chris

17. karlz

karlz New Member

Treo 650 Verizon

Anybody know just WHY it is that Verizon won't GIVE an ACTUAL date for this thing?:confused:

18. B-Man

B-Man New Member

Waiting on the Verizon Treo 650

I have not had any problems since I got my Samsung i700(?) with Sprint over 2 years ago; it was great to not have to carry around multiple devices anymore. Now with iPods, cameras, and the like, there are more things to lug around. Plus, my significant other wants me to join Verizon with her family; but I have been leery of changing sevices, and since they didn't seem to have any decent all-in-one phones. Enter the Treo-650! Is this the answer to my problem(s)? I was excited and was thinking maybe so; but then I saw a blurb about Verizon preventing Bluetooth capabilities. This may put a halt to my plans now. Is this true and, if it is, is there a solution to this? I was so looking forward to this.